Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mother's Day

In the midst of the all of the events that our family already has between the end of April (starting with our anniversary on the 23rd) and May 20th (Reid's birthday) comes Mother's Day.  This year the one thing that I was looking forward to the most was an afternoon nap.  I was exhausted that particular day.  My day started with Bree in bed with me, which is how it has started nearly every morning for the last 3 weeks.  Bree normally stays in her bed most of the night, but I have found that the most sure way to get any sleep in the early morning hours is to have her in bed with me.  Unfortunately, she likes to sleep on her side next to me in my soft bed.....it has me worried about SIDS and so her days of sleeping with mom are coming to an end.  But on Mother's Day, I was just looking for sleep.  So, here is my cutie all curled up in my bed after I had gotten out.



The day before Mother's day we had all gone to Wal-Mart to do some shopping and while there my two oldest boys (Reid and Kai) picked out these flowers for me.  I love getting flowers!


In the afternoon I got my 2-hour nap which made me feel SOOO much better.  And then while I was cooking dinner Bree tried out her swing and actually fell asleep in there for the first time.  (It's a car seat swing....you but the car seat in a base and then turn it on.)


During dinner, Kai started acting really sneaky.  Turns out he had also helped his dad pick out a card for me.  They gave me the card that Kai and Finn had signed themselves.  Finn even did a great job with his name.  I was shocked at how much he has learned that I haven't even noticed!!  He plays "Handwriting without tears" on the ipad (which is the handwriting curriculum our elementary school uses) and apparently it's actually teaching him something.

It was a really nice Mother's Day.  One of my favorites in many years.  Oh, and since I couldn't go to church, Kai sang the primary song to me while he was taking his bath that morning.  Too funny!

No comments: