Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Busy Day for Bree

On Wednesday the 15th Bree had a completely full day.  We did newborn pictures with my friend Kelly in the morning from about 9:30 to 11:45ish.  From there we rushed home to feed the boys and then we had to take Finn over to my friend Liz's house and then get Kai to school.  From school Bree and I went down to the Children's Specialty Clinic for her sweat test.  We got there 20 minutes early for her 1:30 test, so I changed her and nursed her in the van before heading in.  The test took until about 2:45 and then we had to go get Finn and Kai.  The poor girl was just so tired.  She stayed awake nearly the entire photo shoot despite me nursing her about 5 times.  And then she crashed during the sweat test.  Poor thing!

So excited to see how these turn out!
On Thursday the doctor's nurse called to say that she did not sweat enough for them to run the test.  The feel that because her IRT numbers were real low, though, that she doesn't have CF and we are fine to wait until she's two months old to repeat the test.  Or we can go ahead with the blood test.  I think we are waiting, but I'm going to talk to the doctor again to get some more questions answered.  However, we are pretty sure that Bree is healthy!

2 comments:

Laurel C. said...

I know this comes with mixed emotions as we've talked about Finn having a sibling to relate to with CF. But is it okay if I'm happy for you and Bree? This must be such a relief to you. Wow! I'm thrilled that Bree is healthy!

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear about Bree's sweat test. And that you got your newborn pictures :) We're not sure we're going to get professional ones this time, I hope we don't regret it.