Thursday, June 6, 2013

Reid's Big Birthday

Reid had a big birthday this year.....and I didn't know what to do.  With Bree I was too tired to really pull off anything "big".  So, I asked the boys and Kai suggested a surprise party.  Perfect!

That morning we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a cake.  And then after Kai went to school, Finn and I went to Party City to get a bunch of balloons.  From there we headed to Target to get something for Bree as well as pick up dinner.  And after all of that, we were all wiped out.
Finn took this picture of me that afternoon.  He kept trying to get Bree in the shot and was failing miserably.

When Reid came home from work the boys jumped out of their hiding spots in the couch cushions.  Then they played the party game that Kai made--Pin the tail on the Unicorn--while I finished making beef and broccoli for dinner.  And finally we had Heath ice cream cake to top it off.  Reid's present arrived a few days later--a stylus for the IPad so he can draw.  I think he really enjoyed his birthday.


Playing with balloons before bedtime

Pin the tail on the unicorn


2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the game Kai made!

Amy said...

ps. happy birthday reid! and kai. (and bree.)