Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spring is springing


I didn't realize how long this winter was going until I noticed that my white lilac bush that I LOVE still had no flowers on it.  I LOVE the smell of those flowers (and so do the bees) and I was missing them this year.  On May 21st we went outside to find buds on our trees and bushes.  Hooray!





Bree woke up from her nap while we were looking at the flowers, so I found her a safe place to hang out in the car.  Finn thought it was great and wanted to join her.  Unfortunately all of our outside time wiped him out and he ended up cuddling up next to me on the couch and crashing right before I had to go pick up Kai from school.  Somehow I managed to get both him and a sleeping Bree into their car seats in the car without waking them up and picking Kai up from the bus stop.  Bree woke up before Finn and had a great time hanging out with her brother.  Kai just adores her and is making an excellent big brother.  Finn is great with her, too, just struggling with what it means to be gentle!









And this is what happens when dad gets home (sometimes).  See that forgotten dinner there??

No comments: